Comparison: a57 and EOS 600D

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
GrandArcher
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: Comparison: a57 and EOS 600D
In reply to sensibill, Sep 24, 2012

Yes and No.

Yes. I am sure that RAW from both cameras will look pretty identical in this lighting. But shooting RAW means you need to work on every picture you shoot. And majority of people that buys consumer SLR/SLT would not do it. Especially when you shoot friends meeting with 400+ photos.

an No. You can compare those pictures. ISO and F stop are identical. Lens are close to each other in quality. What left is BIONZ vs Digic. Post processing is what we really comparing here..

sensibill wrote:

Your problem is not shooting RAW and comparing apples to oranges vis-a-vis lenses and settings on two different cameras. All warm/cool/sharp/etc. parameters for JPEG should be easily corrected. Read your manual.

Photoshop (and LR) can easily remove noise. So I don't understand your complaint.

I had a 550D and while I liked the operating speed, 18MP sharpness and settings flexibility, good build with excellent daylight IQ, it has pattern shadow noise when pulled and can't quite match even the pellicle-challenged 16.1MP Sony sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow