Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Count Biscotti
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Sony HX200 GPS and Autofocus
Sep 24, 2012

Just a note to the forum, having had questions about the GPS and autofocus functions before I bought the camera, now posting my experiences here for potential buyers:

The HX200 wants to focus and its GPS wants to lock in, which sounds like an odd review unless you've tried out competitive products which have a tendency hunt instead of focus (it's the journey, not the destination) and lock in to the GPS on a when-I-get-around-to-it basis.

A cold start GPS fix is typically under 30 seconds under reasonable conditions (buildings, trees, etc.), which is in the league of any GPS product out there, while the autofocus is well within reason, but not quite DSLR speed. With the autofocus, you have to factor in the atmospherics you get at extreme zoom over distance, which would probably give a DSLR problems as well

Bottom Line: As a bridge camera, sporting a lens you would never be able to implement on a DSLR, the HX200 costs a bit more than competitive products, but is worth every penny.

Count Biscotti's gear list:Count Biscotti's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A37 Nikon D5300 Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow