What makes D600 non pro

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
hikerdoc
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
Re: What makes D600 non pro? short answer Durability
In reply to bobn2, Sep 24, 2012

I think NPS is there for those who rely on their gear on a daily basis for their livelihood, and have made a substantial investment in Nikon gear. I have made a substantial investment but do photography for fun (D4, D700, bunch of lenses).

Look through the listings on this forum alone. There are many out there with legitimate issues with their new cameras, but it seems the majority of the posts are from those who have just purchased cameras with capabilities far beyond what they have previously used, are excited, and are not yet familiar either with Nikon's setup or basic functions. For many a basic perusal of the manual and a couple hours out in the field would be immeasurably more appropriate than a perceived need for access to NPS.

NPS would become useless to those who really need it if buried in a deluge of requests for best walk around lens, how to use button #, etc. I have had questions which I submit to Nikon customer support and generally get response in a timely fashion

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow