Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scott_mcleod
Contributing MemberPosts: 940
Like?
Gear you just can't love?
Sep 24, 2012

So you buy some new camera/body (I'm guessing this is not such a big deal for lenses) and it takes good pictures (within its limits) and it doesn't actually disappoint in any specific way - maybe just a few niggles, but nothing worse than any other camera - but for some vague reason you find yourself always having to make a conscious decision to use it.

Instead of naturally displacing some piece of your older, "inferior" gear the way you hoped/expected it would, you end up reaching for the obsolete compact cam, the bigger, less convenient FF DSLR with its nifty fifty, the noisy APS-C with its kit zoom, or whatever.

Anyone been in this situation? What did you do about it? Keep trying to "get" the new camera? Maybe it was bought on sale - one of those "good ideas at the time" - and is now virtually worthless... Sell it at a huge loss? Write it off to experience? Give it away to a friend? Put it away and try to forget it?

Thoughts, experiences? I am not going to "name names" (brands / models) but I find myself in this unusual situation - unexpectedly since I'm a bit of a gadget freak, but this new acquisition just ain't doin' it for me!

Best regards,
Scott

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow