Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stuntmonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,677
Like?
Got to Play with the D600 - Darn, it's Easy to Like
Sep 24, 2012

I got my hands on a retail version of the D600 yesterday. It's a very likeable camera. It's very familiar if you have a D7000, but it doesn't feel like an overstuffed D7000, it feels quite in-between the D700 and the D7000, like it is it's own animal. The grip is better, the finger notch is deeper like on the D700 and the rubber is the better quality stuff that they use on the D300/D700.

The file quality is awesome... the noise characteristics are better than the D7000 all through the ISO range, at least that's how I feel about it, and the bokeh is awesome in a way that's effortless on the D600, you work not so hard to get it is what I'm saying. The file size is awesome too, 32mg NEF's... This is most definitely the product of an evil organization, designed to lure us into dropping our DX gear... It looks like they are preparing for some big sales with this thing, I asked the store clerk and it wasn't just a few samples, it looks like it's a full rollout.

http://1000wordpics.blogspot.com

Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow