Chambers: "Fujifilm cannot be taken seriously"

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fabio Amodeo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,202Gear list
Like?
The fix takes few minutes
In reply to Daniel from Bavaria, Sep 24, 2012

The fix for the Adobe conversione problem takes just a few minutes. Open Silkypix. Open your files. Apply “low contrast” to the first, and no other regulation. Copy and paste the conversion parameters to all the images (it's very quick). Save everything as 16 bit TIF (group saving, not so quick, have a cup of coffee). Import the TIFs in LR. Now you can do everything as usual, including a very good white balance. The converted file looks dull and horrible, but that's not the point: it's just a vehicle to pass to LR as much information as possible without incurring in smearing.

I have used this workflow for the images of the premier of an art show, where both the skin representation of the people and the rendering of colour in art works was critical, with the help of a profile created in LR for a similar lighting situation, and the results have been very good, approved both on screen and in printed form by the artist involved. I think the result is as good as any similar work I have done with Nikon gear in the past. The difference is that on location I could work more fluently, in a less intrusive way, without the usual monopod and the shutter bang-bang, thanks to the excellent ISO 1600 and 3200 ISO rendering. The difference shows: people in the images is more relaxed, less conscious of the presence of a photographer.

Fabio Amodeo's gear list:Fabio Amodeo's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow