Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coastcontact
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Like?
“60 Minutes” Interviews the Candidates for President
Sep 24, 2012

I saw the 60 Minutes presentation of interviews with President Obama and Mitt Romney. They did not impart anything consequential. Both men stated that their views on the direction America should take are significantly different. They are correct.

The most informative comments were at the end of each interview. Both were asked about their vision for the nation. Their responses were similar but the words they used, I believe are telling.

Romney used one word, Freedom. The opportunity to freely build the business you want. The idea of drawing the world’s best and brightest to the USA for innovation of new things.

Obama said he saw his objective to provide all Americans the opportunity to succeed without regard for their race, religion, sexual orientation, or other differences.

I am troubled by the Romney comment about the 47% of the population that pay no income taxes. “I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” I worked all my life and now I rely on Social Security and Medicare for the larger part of my income. I am no bum and keep my home in excellent condition. I pay my property taxes on time. I resent his implications. If you are part of the 47%, you should too!

Don

My blog: http://coastcontact.wordpress.com/
--
Coastcontact

coastcontact's gear list:coastcontact's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow