Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pan2
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
RX100: working without auto ISO
Sep 24, 2012

I have a Nikon D90 and very much like that in Manual mode it's possible to specify Auto-ISO. The RX100 lacks this and I'm finding it very difficult to use. In my mind, I have a shutter speed and aperture that make sense and I'd like the camera to adjust the ISO to produce a sensible exposure. Since it won't, I've instead been relying on shutter priority mode, but the lack of aperture control is bothersome (the camera often defaults to f1.8 which I find produces too narrow a depth of field). I'm usually shooting my kids and need to enforce a fairly fast shutter, so aperture priority isn't a great bet for me either.

Any advice for how to work with this? Even messing with the menus to access ISO is a pain, let alone figuring out what is the right setting. (Crazy question: if I shoot RAW can I adjust the ISO in post? Or is ISO a hardware adjustment that can't be manipulated after the fact?)

Thanks!

Nikon D90 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow