ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,911Gear list
Like?
LuLa's take on Pentax at Photokina
Sep 24, 2012

Luminous Landscapes Nick Devlin's take on Pentax at Photokina:

"Oh, god, poor Pentax. They invented the SLR, though you would never know it. Their cameras have always been excellent. Their lenses have always been excellent. Their marketing? Face-palm! Pentax had but a fraction of the physical presence of the other major makers, and nothing to push their innovative products. The foremost of these is the K-5IIs, which, hugely, looses the dreaded Anti-aliasing filter. This is the first APS-C sized camera to take that brave step, following in the D800E’s lead. This is potentially a big deal , but I could barely get anyone to even explain it to me. Ugh.

I do, however, hope to have Pentax’s superb western Canadian rep, Bill Gouge, get me one to test, because landscape photographers should be seriously interested in this camera . If they ever hear of it."

My emphasis added.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/photokina_2012.shtml

-- hide signature --

At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell

“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

Nikon D800E Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow