Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
freddyNZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,410
Like?
Re: Not crippled, hardware limitation
In reply to sandy b, Sep 24, 2012

sandy b wrote:

Use a cine lens and pull aperature like the real pros do,

If anybody stopped to think about this, then maybe they'd be able to give an example of where aperture pulling has been routinely used in cine.

I've never seen "aperture puller" in the credits. I suppose if you could do it, then you might want to do it, but I've never seen it - at least I've not been consciously aware of it. If fact I'd suggest that while focus pulling can be used effectively to shift emphasis with shallow DOF, "aperture pulling" to increase/reduce DOF would just look weird.

I think many of the people concerned about fine details of video performance of these still cameras should take some time out and watch a real movie or two, or even at the low end, the pro wedding video shooter, TV ads for furniture etc.

Same in some ways with lack of direct aperture control in LV mode on the D600. Yes - it would be nice to have it, but you surely don't use LV because it's a fast way to get a shot, so the inconvenience of needing to exit/reenter LV for DOF preview is pretty trivial really.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow