Medium format GXR module with 645D sensor (pentax)

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
henning kraggerud
Regular MemberPosts: 359
Like?
Medium format GXR module with 645D sensor (pentax)
Sep 24, 2012

Here is a completely insane question:

I was looking at Fujis smallest compact cameras for medium format film (also sold as voigtlander I think) with a small lens which folds out on bellows???? not sure if that is right words.

Would it technically be possible to make a GXR module with the 645D Pentax sensor,and if not how small could a 645D sensor compact camera be if you chose focal lenght and aperture to make it really small? maybe F 5.6 or smaller,I dont know what focal lenght could be made really small and super quality in MF. If it could be done not much bigger than say the new sony RX1(because it would have much smaller aperture,and foldable or retractable lens) Pentax+Ricoh could make a really statement here.
I dont expect this to happen,just wonder what might be possible.

I now that the Fuji is not that small,but film size is bigger than 645D sensor I think?

By the way Sony RX100 with its Nikon V1 sized sensor and Zoom,if you instead did build a non zoom,how small could a compact camera with APS-C or FF sensor be buildt? I still miss the Olympus mju 35mm II (f2.8) for its size and weather sealing). I know Ricoh also did build excellent small 135 film compacts.
--
lowlight macro ir

Nikon 1 V1 Pentax 645D Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow