the 6D vs the D600

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark Tuccillo
Contributing MemberPosts: 725Gear list
Like?
Re: You forgot one thing.....
In reply to Timbukto, Sep 24, 2012

You're kidding, right? Most of us are not made of money, so the ability to use your present lenses on a new body has value. Think of the cropped lenses as a bridge to new glass. Besides, a lot of the cropped glass is pretty good (at least on the Nikon side). Here is the scenario: convert to FF and use your present glass and then pick up FF glass over time. But wait, you can't do that with the 6D, how sad. If you are a Canon shooter, either you will not move to FF since the cost is very high, or at the very least look at Nikon.

I mentioned the ability to use a 46 year old lens on the D600 to make a point. After nearly half a decade my lens investment is still usable on the latest Nikon digital body. My AIS glass still usable: 20mm f2.8, 50mm f2.8, 85mm f1.8, 200mm f4,300mm f2.8. Pretty cool, huh??

Mark Tuccillo's gear list:Mark Tuccillo's gear list
Nikon D100 Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me 2New
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow