Why insist on FF format?

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,169
Like?
why insist on M43 format?
In reply to kelly15, Sep 24, 2012

How do you like the title of my post? Provocative, right? But your title seems to imply you don't like being told you need FF.

Then you go ahead and tell everyone else they don't need FF, Furthermore, you then tell us we should be using M43.

I think you don't understand FF. And I don't think it's up to you to tell us what we need.

If you don't like FF, don't need it, then don't use it. Isn't that simple?

~~~~
There is no reason at all, unless you are a pro, and a very spacialized pro.

The quality of a cell phone is more than what is really needed for any kind of use.
Which is the reason to click at 12800 ISO? ISO 400 used to be good enough.
Which is the reason to enlarge the screen to 1:1?

Look at the pictures you may take with an 8 MP cell phone and compare them to film area.
No comparison.

Of course if you decide to walk heavy and bulky, to spend more money for nothing ( or so), you can do that, but you loose the possibility to have you camera set always with you with a quality level which is a dream. Because M43 won't fit in your pockets.

Listen to me, in M43rd will disappear. Because cell phones will be good enough and fit in the pocket, and serious photographs will be going FF anyway.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DOFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow