MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,265Gear list
Like?
Re: If the new 7DMkII just has these...
In reply to jm67, Sep 23, 2012

jm67 wrote:

MAC wrote:

• new 18 mpxl sensor to achieve noise level of iso 3200 that is currently at iso1250

If you have the need, and those of us who do know who we are, higher can only help.

yep, for the rebel line they have a good sensor. Thing is, the T2i, T3i, T4i, 60d, and 7d all have the same sensor IQ. It is time for the higher bodies, 7d and 60d, to get a newer, better sensor. 5d3 finally got a sensor that consistently can produce good iso6400 in raw. I think it is important the 7d and the 60d get new sensors that consistently produce good iso3200 in raw. No banding please. Improve the dynamic range also. This will not be a competition to the 5d3 or the 6d because of the 1.6 deeper dof, but they need to improve the noise in a $1500-$2000 camera.

-- hide signature --

add dual slots and wifi

wifi is useful for many, I've not had the need at least not yet.

-- hide signature --

ec added to auto iso in manual

I've used Eyefi on portrait sessions in my 60d and with my ipad 3

I can see the wifi being used for photobooths

-- hide signature --

spot meter added to outer points

a BIG +1 to that. Metering where the focus point is only makes sense.

If you've spot metered on the face all these years like me and had to use center point and focus and recompose, what a big disappointment for me in the 5d3 not having this. I'd like to be able to use the outer points like I have used the center point all these years with spot meter on the face

-- hide signature --

stm
--gps
--bigger buffer
-- even faster frame rate

personally no need for those. I find it's plenty fast enough as is to catch the toss. But it does seem to be the trend in what the industry is packing into each new release.

agree - I catch the toss and the kiss with 60d speeds

-- hide signature --

radio triggers built in

That too would be sweet and should be in all their pro cameras.

otherwise users like me will continue to buy strato II's, Odins, Radiopoppers, etc -- they are letting it "get away"

They need innovative and quantum leap releases in my opinion. This business of inching out the improvements isn't going to make users happy -- to the point of switching

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow