Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,265Gear list
Like?
Re: contrast and saturation +100%?
In reply to ronzie, Sep 23, 2012

ronzie wrote:

I am suggesting that DPP be used as a preprocessor for LR and then you can make all the changes you want in LR. I don't want Adobe restricting my choices either.

Both are powerful RAW editors but both give you starting points based on their interpretation.

From what I can see from postings here DPP gives as faithful thumbnail of the current state of the image out of the camera and LR inserts a base profile created by Adobe.

A preference matter, nothing more.

Now DPP does not use to my knowledge the embedded .jpg preview image in the RAW file for thumbs. I don't know about LR.

Are you sure about this? I thought DPP inserted what ever picture profile was set up in the camera and set that as the starting point for raw processing

Adobe Lightroom can set any profile you want and will be applied during import for raw processing.

and btw - faithful profile is yuk - applying canon's vision of processing is not something I want to do.

and btw -- starting with DPP and ending with LR is not a good process...

everytime I work in DPP, I realize how much better and more powerful Adobe LR is for just $150. Those commenting on DPP being better --what the heck settings are they using? Show some comparisons with complete description of settings.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow