From 7D to 6D. Worth it?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert J. Gonzalez
Senior MemberPosts: 1,173Gear list
Like?
Re: Not simple me
In reply to Greenville, Sep 23, 2012

Greenville wrote:

The 7D and 6D have very different feature sets that are important to me. If you are just concerned about straight image quality and you shoot only portraits, landscapes and still life the 6D is probably a pretty good camera. For other items I doubt a test run in a camera store will help much.

You don't have a Best Buy in a city of more than 1/2 a million. Smaller cities have more than one.

Next problem that makes this not very simple will be finding a store with a 7D and 6D. I live in an city of about 600K and there is not a store in the city that carries the 7D so I doubt anyone will carry a 6D. Hopefully where you live there are well stocked stores that have display cameras.

skanter wrote:

Bring your 7D into a camera store. Shoot one pic with your 7D. Put The card in a 6D and shoot the same pic. Try to use similar lens and focal length. Compare the two pics in the way you use them (print, web) not 100% crop. Do you see a difference worth a few thousand bucks?

I doubt it, but only you will know. Don't trust others' advice on the Internet.
--
Sam K., NYC

Robert J. Gonzalez's gear list:Robert J. Gonzalez's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow