Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BHPhotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 778Gear list
Like?
Transmissive vs. Reflective images
Sep 23, 2012

Has anybody solved the problem of how to get an image off the screen and onto a print with the same level of color depth, saturation and overall luminance?

I'm using respectable equipment (Nikon D90, Epson R1800) and Epson Luster paper, but I can't translate the transmissive computer screen color into a print. The color is accurate but it doesn't have the same "life."

I've gone to dozens of websites, but all I find is information on color work flow, screen calibration, etc, but I haven't found anything that talks about the transmissive vs. reflective image issue and what, if anything, can be done.

I suppose it's like comparing Kodachrome with print film, but my prints are falling so far short that I'm getting frustrated. I'd post some images, but there's no way to show the computer "before" and the print "after" on the screen.

Just thinking out loud, but any comments would be appreciated,
Brian

BHPhotog's gear list:BHPhotog's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow