Storing files

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Photopingwen
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: Storing files
In reply to leno, Sep 23, 2012

I am just asking ... just because, as I stated already... I was CONSIDERING, cleaning up my external drives. I was thinking if I could delete some of my duplicated files, I would get twice the use out of these externals. Instead of storing edited files on them, I was thinking of burning a backup disc of the edited session and then removing the edits from the externals. It wasn't a question of how to organize... just a question wondering if everyone else KEEPS the edit and the RAW or if they eventually discard one or the other. Seems like the occasion arises more for needing a RAW than an edit and a RAW is easy enough to RE-Edit and therefore it seems a complete waste of possible useful space (not that everyone else cares about being thrifty but I try to be thrifty where I can). Therefore if I keep the RAW file and not the edit I can get almost twice as many sessions on an external. I posted this in another forum which was more helpful and I got replies on what others do. Thanks for your replies. This post is no longer valid.
Photopingwen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow