The S5, still good after all these years!

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mmmmmmmm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,652
Like?
The S5, still good after all these years!
Sep 23, 2012

The S5, in my personal opinion, is still the best camera for high school and elementary school photography. Why, because I can shoot the camera JPEG and get great pictures. I would not dare to shoot my D700 or D800 JPEG for my underclass packages. I use the Fuji software and shoot connecting the camera directly to a laptop. It works great, taking about 4 seconds for the picture to pop up on the computer. This is more than fast enough as it gives me time to look at the picture just taken and getting ready for a second shot. I usually shoot about 350 kids a day.

I have also attached a couple of pictures to this thread, one taken at a school and a second taken in the studio.

Ops, I seem to have posted three pictures. Anyway, I still use the S5 in the studio for individual senior photography. There is no need to shoot RAW if you have the right exposure and CWB. I have to shoot the Nikon's NEF as their Jpegs look terrible compared to the S5.
respectfully,
David Miller

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow