Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADW101
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
If the new 7DMkII just has these...
Sep 23, 2012

...I might be more interested in buying that unit than the 6D.

CanonRumors has just revealed that the 7DMkII will be announced in the first half of 2013, and I would guess that we'll see the first releases perhaps sometime in September, roughly a year from now. If that new unit has the following, as a serious hobbyist I might be tempted to stick with APS-C technology, especially as I have all the lenses I need.

1. A Digic5+ processor with better low noise performance, such that it might almost compete with the 6D.

2. At least 20.2 MP, although that's a rather stupid request. I don't know if more megapixels will mean more noise, but two more megs is going to make about zero difference in image quality.

3. AT LEAST 5 frames for auto-bracketing, preferably 7, and if 9 I'll be very happy.

4. Don't eliminate any of the features the 7D now has, including that tough tank of a body.

5. Better low-light focusing. That will never happen, but I can dream.

At least the nice thing about a potential September release is that, in my case, if the specs and hands-on reviews for the 7DII are unfavorable, I can easily move up to FF with the 6D, and I will have saved enough money for the move up.

By all means, please feel free to give both your predictions for this new camera body, and your wish list. The responses from the technically-savvy members of this forum should be interesting.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow