T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,865
Like?
Re: I use mine on vacation with my family
In reply to Lee Jay, Sep 23, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

kelly15 wrote:

There is no reason at all, unless you are a pro, and a very spacialized pro.

I take my full-frame camera on vacation with my family, and use it at its full capability with fast primes and fast zooms all the time. I was recently shooting at ISO 3200, f/2.8 and getting exposures up around 1 second with a full-frame fisheye lens. I have shot moving subjects at ISO 3200 and f/1.4 and only achieved 1/15th.

I find much of vacation photography to be more demanding that much of my professional work, which is nearly all events.

And in the future, I'm sure more and more people will be using FF cameras on vacation, especially as Canon and Nikon are now strongly competing for smaller, lighter, less expensive FF DSLR cameras, and as Sony has introduced the very first FF compact camera. FF still demands a higher price, but prices will steadily drop. Of course, you'll probably always pay more for a larger sensor, but the price is definitely worthwhile for many people, and not just pros.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DOFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow