It took Ricoh a long long time

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,092
Like?
Re: We are sooo horribly wrong, I am afraid Ricoh is doomed!
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 23, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

Documensony wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I cannot see why Ricoh could not continue to get traction as a speciality brand and be included in the same showcase as Pentax products.

Perhaps if Ricoh released 2 modules per year as they promised when the GXR was unveiled, then they might be somewhere.

I am afraid, there is a very simple explanation to why Ricoh is not delivering to their promise.

Since sales of the GXR system have not fulfilled expectations, there is no commercial sense in developing so many new lenses. Had GXR seen succes comparable to its competitors, things would have been very different...

Many people love their GXR, but let's face it - - - most people (99 pct?) going for a small camera with a large sensor and high-end lenses will attend to the current offerings from m43, Nex, Fuji X ...

I think you are 100% spot on. The GXR never got traction and so they folded it. One day they'll get around to telling someone.

Which brings us right to Occam's Razor.

"One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow