Pictures of the D800/D800e grip sold by Cameta

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
mrp1124
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Re: Pictures of the D800/D800e grip sold by Cameta
In reply to TOF guy, Sep 23, 2012
  • The muti selector is nowhere of the same quality as the real unit. When all is said and done this is the one feature that would make me buy the OEM. I usually select the focus point which is on top of the subject (sometimes I use the 3D AF-C feature to do this: it works very well without having to deal with the selector). So being able to switch focus point quickly and reliably matters a lot to me. I'm just hoping that Cameta will be made aware of the feedback and come back with a unit with a better selector. I would then buy the new unit and sell this one. But in any case for the very casual use I make of a grip I can't justify the cost of the Nikon grip.

This is good to know. Might be a deal breaker for me since I use this quite a bit. Is it hard to move the focus point around? Also, what about the AF-ON button, does it feel as solid as the one on the body?

I understand that the Nikon one is THE best one, but is it $340 better? I don't mind the alloy vs 'plastic' body. But I do mind if the buttons and selectors are rendered useless on the third party grips.

-- hide signature --

Miguel

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow