I need spectacular/beefy machine...any suggestions?

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
I need spectacular/beefy machine...any suggestions?
Sep 23, 2012

I'm looking for a new laptop and have been combing the internet for reviews on the best new laptop out there. All the reviews point to the new retinal display for the MacBook Pro. I'm considering the 2.6ghz, 16gb ram, and 512 solid state drive upgrades. But at $2,999 + tax, I know that I can get something very similar on a PC for 60% of the cost. I also like the idea of getting the base PC and upgrading the ram and hard drive myself for much cheaper.

The annoying part of all the reviews is that there is no clear cut PC that matches the MacBook Pro as far as performance and display.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The screen is important because I'll be using it to edit photos and video and I struggle with browns and greens (colorblind ). Also, does the screen color and clarity driven mainly by the graphics card?

I'm looking for a 15" screen and would like to have the keyboard have a number pad if possible. Also, something that's not going to weigh 9 pounds (yes I know I'm being picky).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow