Warning about Aperture 3.4 update

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Terrance Vacha
Contributing MemberPosts: 918Gear list
Like?
I guess any 4.0 is a ways off --
In reply to cstotts, Sep 23, 2012

I hear you, I hear you. I did the reinstall -- not as scary as I expected. -disappointed that the app store does not recognize that I purchased via disk and not download (thru apple). Anyway, all seems to be ok - but only two days so far.

It sure looks like there won't be a 4.0 for a long time -- all we get are tweaks -- maybe Apple could hand this product off to someone interested in bringing out a 4.0 and making some money. $50 return from a million users from an upgrade could add up to some decent money.

Anyway, thanks for the push to a reinstall.

cstotts wrote:

Terrance Vacha wrote:

also deleted the plist file and got it to work -- hopefully permanently. Of course, I went through the headache of multiple permission fixes, repair library, etc. etc. until I ran across this life saving thread.

It's not a permanent fix. If you set up Facebook again, you'll run into the crash. The only permanent fix, as I posted earlier, is to delete Aperture from your Applications folder and reinstall it via the App Store if you got it there, or from your original media (DVD, trial, etc.), then update via Software Update.

I'll repeat, deleting your preferences is not a permanent fix.

You must delete Aperture and reinstall it .

Terrance Vacha's gear list:Terrance Vacha's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Tamron SP AF 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow