If you don't think design is important, don't read this...

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Malikknows
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
Re: If you don't think design is important, don't read this...
In reply to Raymond Wardenaer, Sep 23, 2012

I'm very glad you posted on this topic. Style, quality of build, etc., are important to me, too. I found very interesting the Fuji reps comments that this was a conscious strategy for the X line of cameras. I think Fuji is doing something very smart by differentiating their products from the other makers in this way. I wouldn't use an MG as an example, though, although I see your point. Think Apple instead. Apple products all have superior style and incredible build quality -- and people are queuing up to get them -- even though they command a significant price premium (think laptops). They've shown there exists a strong market for quality design and construction in consumer electronics. Apples work better, IMHO, but they are also a pleasure to handle, to look at and to own. Fuji seems to be pursuing a similar course in cameras and I, for one, am very excited about it.

Malikknows's gear list:Malikknows's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow