ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Itai42
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
a99 lens choice
Sep 23, 2012

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking of getting the a99 as soon as it becomes available... I always had only nikon mount cameras (By Nikon and Fuji) - so will have to buy new glass...

My questions (and only reservation from deciding on buying this camera) are as follows:

1. Is there any fast (f2.8) standard zoom (about 24-70) with fast AF motor (has to be quite quiet for video) and satisfying IQ at the 1000 USD price point? I don't think I'll be able to crop up almost 2000USD that the Sony-Zeiss will cost - surely not the 2.5k for the Zeiss.

I saw the Sigma 24-70 is available for the Sony mount but I fear it may not be sharp enough (based on my experience with it on the Nikkor mount - but it's usually not a good idea to judge a lens across systems...)

2. I worry the lack of built-in flash my impact spontaneous shooting - is there a relatively-low-cost, downsized flash unit that can find a home (preferably one that has some sort of LED lighting as well so that it can also double as video light)

3. What can I expect of the battery life? How much will the vertical grip add to it? How well is it built? How much heavier will it make the camera?

Thanks,

Itai

Itai42's gear list:Itai42's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3N Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +6 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow