GXR A16 lens hood (LH-2) and filter

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Setvak
Contributing MemberPosts: 501Gear list
Like?
Re: GXR A16 lens hood (LH-2) and filter
In reply to Hans Poldoja, Sep 23, 2012

Thanks Hans for your info. Please, what is the external diameter and height of your filter? My B+W has an external diameter 58.0 mm and height 3.4 mm (when mounted). I guess that it is the diameter which causes the problems - diameter of the front part of the A16 flange (where the bayonet for attaching the lens hood is) is 56.7 mm, so 1.3 mm smaller that the diameter of the filter. I wish I knew this before purchasing the rather expensive B+W protective filter ...

Regards, Martin

Hans Poldoja wrote:
Hello Martin,

I am using Hoya HD protect filter with A16 unit. LH-2 lens hood attaches fine when the protect filter is on. However, you are not able to attach the filter when the lens hood is already on.

Best regards,
Hans

Martin Setvak wrote:

Today I went to pick up the lens hood (LH-2) for the A16 unit. Fortunately, I tried to attach it to the unit before paying for it ... it seems impossible to attach it without removing the protective filter (B+W UV MRC XS-Pro 55mm), or when the hood is attached there is no way how to attach next the filter. Did I overlook something, or does anyone else has similar experience? I believe I have seen a note on this somewhere, I tried to search for this topic in this forum, but did not get any result ...

-- hide signature --

Martin Setvak
Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm, & Ricoh GX100 (2x)
http://www.setvak.cz/timelapse/

Martin Setvak's gear list:Martin Setvak's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow