Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions. /1

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,361Gear list
Like?
Agreed, most complete system
In reply to SLOtographer, Sep 23, 2012

SLOtographer wrote:

Aleo -- nice work and thank you for the info! It's going to be a great camera, and I think we are now seeing M43 really mature and come of age. There's a camera body and lenses for most styles.

Pretty much agreed. There is no other system, in any format, from any manufacturer, that offers a range of bodies from something as small as the EPM and GF lines, as rugged and fully featured as the GH3, and a complete range of body styles and sizes in between. You can choose IBIS or OIS, rangefinder or SLR style. You've got reasonably sealed bodies if you need it, lighter, less expensive ones if you don't. About the only body style missing is a rangefinder w/ EVF, and that's rumored for later this year or early next.

Realistically, though, while the lens lineup beats any other mirrorless system by a long shot, but it still has quite a ways to go to match the better DSLR systems in variety, speed, length and weather sealing.
--

I've stopped thinking in terms of "equivalent" focal lengths on m43. 25mm is what it is, and what it might be similar to on some other format doesn't matter to me any more. We need to learn what to expect from our current equipment, not keep mapping it to the old. No one refers to their 50mm FF lens as "equivalent to 80mm on MF."

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AleoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow