Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Underdog 3000
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Let me know if i'm off base
Sep 23, 2012

Is it possible to have a slightly larger sensor than an APS-C and still use ALL of the normal APS-c lenses?

The reason I think this would be great is a standard 18-55 lense would be closer to 23ish to 65ish? Seriously, if some one came up with APS-C because it was an easier calculation to make (1.5x's) can we make it more photographic than mathmatic?

Thought #2: Maybe Ricoh/pentax are working on thier own sensor but if not, they could work with Fujifilm and come up with a new sensor that doesn't use the old Bayer patern (which doesn't need an AA filter). I don't think this would affect their sales because they want to go after the narcasistic group.

This would create a new market because we all know, FF bodies are cumbersome at best. I hear they have edge detail issues as well.

Thought #3: Why would't they include focus peaking in the 5s and 5sII?

Underdog 3000's gear list:Underdog 3000's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-5 Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow