Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,501Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree.
In reply to Fredrik Glckner, Sep 23, 2012

Fredrik Glckner wrote:

Gato Amarillo wrote:

It looks as if the GH series is going to aim more for the video folks and I doubt many of them will complain about the size.

have to disagree with you. When I look at the GH3, and the new f/2.8 X lenses, then it is clear to me what Panasonic is aiming for: To create an alternative to the classic photojournalist still camera package. The GH3 does not look and feel like a video optimized camera, but rather like a modern pro DSLR, albeid with some video capabilities added.

If they were truly aiming to satisfy the video needs only, then the new 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses should have had power zoom, and perhaps even powered focus operated with a lever. The focus is of course powered already, but operated with a ring, which is not as easy to handhold while video recording as a lever operated focus.

And besides, a video optimized camera doesn't look like the GH3. Take a look at the Panasonic AG-AF100, Sony NEX VG10 or Canon C300 for some examples of what video optimized rigs look like.

To me, the GH3 is still a photographer's camera. Very much so. Out of the ergonomics, I'd say the tilt/swiwel LCD screen is the only thing that points towards video use.

http://m43photo.blogspot.com

I have to agree, taking to this point, but it is a superb stills camera, with the ability to take very good videos better than most of the DSLR's.

I found this perfect to me, because I am a stills guy.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AleoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow