Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ednaz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,377
Like?
RX100- makes the grade as a great travel companion
Sep 22, 2012

I got the RX100 in the hopes that I'd like it enough to leave my m4/3 gear behind... which I'd adopted as a travel kit because the Nikon DSLR gear was too heavy, but I wanted good image quality for printing... the m4/3 was about the minimum I could find that would get me images I was happy with, without carrying the Nikon gear.

I've tried several point and shoots before and they never really made the grade for me.

The RX100 makes it. Very happy with the images I'm getting, very happy with the light weight, happy now that I've gotten a hard case and I no longer get surprised by taking it out and finding the battery dead.

Here's a few from the last couple weeks of knocking around with the RX100. To be fair, I've shot probably 8,000 other images with my DSLR gear, since it's my primary kit... but the RX100 fits right into the slot for a great carry around camera.

I travel a lot, and sometimes I walk into a surreal image. The RX100 has done a great job.

The RX100 is great for occasional snapshots of The Boyz (my two dogs).

When sunrise goes insane, the RX100 captures it nicely. The colors lasted for about two minutes - I got off a couple shots from my porch, but by the time I got outside in the open, it was gone.

For some reason, the RX100 is one of the better "window seat" cameras I've ever used. Don't know why, really, but I've shot from airplane windows off and on for 20 years. Have had a couple of shows in small galleries called "Window Seat Please" in the past. The RX100 just absolutely nailed shots of some of the coolest clouds I've seen in awhile.

Did a photography trip to Utah. Pulled out the RX100 from time to time. The first shot is the ski jumping training pool at the Olympic Park in Park City Utah. The second is a stitched panorama on a road heading up to Guardsman Pass.

I'm loving this camera.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow