Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
summitphotographer
Regular MemberPosts: 233
Like?
7D Now or Wait
Sep 22, 2012

I have a 5D and a 10D, and I've been using my 10D with my 70-200 4L at my kids sporting events. I've thought about purchasing a 100-400, and may, but for now I'm liking the 320 equiv with the crop, the weight cannot be beat either. I'm on the fence about updating to the 5DIII, think I'm waiting until the next generation, but I'd consider an upgrade to the 7D for outdoor sporting events, movie mode, and landscapes where wide is not important. It seems the 7D could be slated for replacement in the next 6mo or so, and I'd like to break the 20MP barier with my next 1.6 crop purchase.

Any reputable thoughts on the 7D successor time frame?

Anyone have comparison thoughts on a 5DIII compared to 7D at low and medium ISO with equivelent crops (1.6)?
Comments on 7D alservo or alfocus ability?

Truth be known, if Canon glass fit on and worked with a 800E or possibly a Sony Alpha, I might defect for a FF series or two. However, in my opinion the 7D still owns the 1.6x field.

A couple of 10D samples:

-- hide signature --

Summit County Photog

Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow