Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
NEX 6 first NEX of interest to me
Sep 22, 2012

Its got a built in flash, a nice built in view finder, a compact zoom kit lens, and it's under a $1000. In short, all of the essential features I would want in a compact camera. No NEX until the NEX 6 has had that combination of features.

The big advantage of micro four thirds has always been, for me, the smaller lenses. I always felt that Sony had somehow missed the fact that it doesn't matter how small the cameras are if the lenses are big. Sure, I know, there are smallish primes and other manufacturer lenses with adapters, but that doesn't really interest me. I find I use my primes on my DSLR and DSLT cameras only rarely with the exception of a macro lens. I want a small, high IQ package that is versatile enough to use as a walk around camera. The NEX 6, with the 16-50, is the first NEX that fits that description for me.

In my opinion, if Sony could come up with a line of compact zooms, even if they weren't quite as small as the 16-50 they would greatly expand the market for their NEX line of cameras. For me, the cameras have always been brilliant, but the lack of compact zooms, and missing features like a built in flash and view finder have been deal killers. I know about the NEX 7 and that's a great camera, but I don't want to spend that much for this type of camera. Does anyone know if Sony plans on making any more truly compact zoom lenses in different focal lengths than the 16-50?

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow