ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vreeke
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Contax G lenses
Sep 22, 2012

Hi

I have a Sony F3 camera which I just purchased because I wanted to try out three Contax G lenses that I have, a 28, 35, and 90mm lenses. I am having a hard time finding an adapter that works. I am on my third one and two of the three the lens won't turn onto the adapter enough to lock on let alone to be able to focus since I don.t think the screw is lined up since its not clicking into the notch on the adapter. One adapter finally did mount on all the way but a pin that was on the adapter busted and I sent the adapter back. I have tried buying the more expensive adapters Fotodiox and Phottix both are over $55.00 dollars, one was $79.00. Both of these adapters seems to be the same as the cheap adapters that I have gotten on ebay from China. It seems these companies just use the same cheap stuff place them into a box and try to pass them of as a precession adapter but I found that they are all just as cheap and worthless. I have seen the Kipon adapters on ebay for over a hundred dollars but the picture of them would suggest that they are the same cheap ones just with a fancy box and am getting tiered of buying these things and waiting for weeks just to have to send them back. Are the Contax G lenses really worth it, are they that great and if a good adapter is found is the shooting experience worth the hassle? I have heard of metabones which is even more money but they seem to have a very large focus ring.

Is there an adapter that someone could suggest or is this not worth the effort, I mean are the lenses not ever going to work correctly. It seems like some company should take a little effort and build a nice smooth adapter. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow