ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ShelNf
Regular MemberPosts: 388
Like?
D600 - Magenta in shadows
Sep 22, 2012

Hi all,

Picked up my D600 yesterday evening, and spent last night reading the manual and taking some quick test shots. This morning i got up and went out to Belle Isle,Michigan to play with the camera some more. Coming from a D5100 this is a whole new ball game, so its going to take some getting used to all the controls and the FX perspective(holy viewfinder). In reviewing some of the files this morning in ViewNX2, i noticed boosting the shadows produced a magenta cast. If instead I boost exposure, the shadows in most cases lighten fine without this color cast, but obviously this is not the optimal solution. Is this a software problem or sensor problem, normal behavior? Has anyone else experienced this?

Aside from this , the image quality is astounding, and autofocus seems to be much better than the D5100, as i would hope. Here's a shot from this morning...note that i had to manually remove the magenta cast from the shadows under the bridge and in the bottom right corner. Lens was a 24-120 F4, B&W 10 stop filter. Thanks,

Shel

Nikon D5100 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow