Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,459Gear list
Like?
Re: in this day and age
In reply to Dan Clark, Sep 22, 2012

Dan Clark wrote:

ohmydentist wrote:

subsquent model CANNOT be larger than the predecessor, period.

Who says so?

If Panasonic wanted larger camera for ergonimics and handling, they should've made a separate line, GH Pro?

Panasonic (and Olympus) already have a complete range (with very different sizes and functions) where you can choose from...

Vast majority of m43 users chose this platform for the size, is there other reason to choose m43 other than the size? Ok, great selection of lenses is another reason.

The size - once again - is for the complete set - aka, |Body + Lens|! The comments about body size (and weight) alone are pathetic. Even more so if you put 2-4 lenses on your photo bag (and two bodies to go with it, if wanted); a camera is either pocket-able or no - Period.

Even without having held the GH3 you can see - experiment at http://camerasize.com/ - how well this body fits more than half the mFT available lenses; no need - even - to talk about ergonomics.

In this era/mood where most of us buy high performance (fast) zoom, this body has the right size and grip! Please put any of these zooms on a EM-5 (or even GH1/2) and "report back/tell me" the set is well balanced in your hands!

So, my opinion of course, Panasonic did the right move and this camera occupies now the very first place on my wish/buying list. If IQ is what I expect, I will gladly join the «mFT Club» and sell all my digital FF and APS-C gear - No doubt about that!

This camera - so far - is (almost exactly) what I have been waiting for so long! I only miss the integrated GPS (a must for travelers, IMO - Shall see how the WiFi facilities will work with Android/OS6), but that's all! ... Ooops, and maybe (a good, 100%) OVF...

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AleoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow