Gosh!, Finally Learning How To Use The NEX-7!!!!

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
JPG
JPG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203
Like?
Re: Gosh!, Finally Learning How To Use The NEX-7!!!!
In reply to martindesu, Sep 22, 2012

I'm using the Leica R Simmilux f/1.4 50mm, Simmricon f/2 50mm. and the Vario-Elmar f/3.5 35-70mm. lenses. I'm also using the Carl Zeiss (Contax/Yashica) Planar f/1.4 50mm and Carl Zeiss (Contax/Yashica) Distagon f/2.8 25mm. lenses as well as Sony's kit 18-55mm. and Sony's 18-200mm Zoom.

I always felt that the Carl Zeiss lenses to be sharper then the Leica lenses, specially the Planar f/1.4 vs. the Simmilux f/1.4 on my NEX-7.

So, I barrowed a Contax 2Sb SLR and went on a photo shoot with the my Leica R 6.2 SLR, using the Carl Zeiss Planar f/1.4 on the Contax and the Simmilux f/1.4 on my Leica. I blew up the resulting photos for comparisons and found that the Carl Zeiss Planar f/1.4 to be indeed sharper Leica Simmilux f/1.4. Not only that but they are much smaller, and far less expensive then the Leica lenses.
I'm wondering now why am I even keeping the Leica lenses?

I also included the little Contax T2 p/s film camera I just bought for my photo shoot. It has shown up spectacularly well against the big boys and probably the best for a street camera. That should be all I need for film cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow