G1 X Deal Breakers. Have You Returned Yours? Why Won't You Buy a G1X?

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris Lofty
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: G1 X Deal Breakers. Have You Returned Yours? Why Won't You Buy a G1X?
In reply to Gena, Sep 22, 2012

I bought the G1X to supplement my heavy DSLR and accompanying Lenses, to me the camera has fulfilled and even exceeded my expectations; my DSLR has been gathering dust for the past 2 months.

I needed a camera with acceptable (Pixel peeping) IQ for microstock selling, was portable enough to take anywhere; hiking, cycling etc.

This camera has well documented issues, but for my needs the positives far outweigh the negatives, the superb low light IQ for one.

I love my 'Brick' it has the feel of robustness, the weight is relative to what you are used to! After lugging around my DSLR for many years on my aging back, the G1X feels like a feather!

Just a few responses to the other poster:-

1. Slow AF .... admittedly, but not an issue for my purpose!

2. Pathetic MFD ..... I haven't needed to use it, the auto focus is very reliable!
3. Big and heavy ..... compared to what with this IQ?

4. Lens cap .... No different from DSLR, it's second nature to remove it manually.

5. Slow lens ..... I haven't found the lens is too slow for my needs, I will say again the IQ is excellent!
--
Chrislofotos
http://www.chrislofotos.org

Chris Lofty's gear list:Chris Lofty's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow