Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jcampy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,032
Like?
Canon 70-200 MK II
Sep 22, 2012

I currently have the 70-200 f4 IS and so far have been happy with it, but reading post after post on how much better the F2.8 MK II is it has me thinking about the upgrade but price now becomes a major factor. I also have the 100mm L IS macro that is also a very nice lens but I generally use it for some informal portraits and close ups of flowers, butterflies and other things but never setup a tripod to take extreme macros. With that in mind am I crazy to sell both and use the 70-200 MK II for close ups of the things mentioned and candid portraits? Will the MK II exceed the quality my present lenses give? I should also mention that I have the 5D MK II and the 24-105. I also have a lowepro mini trekker that will not hold the 3 lenses plus my flash with any of the lenses attached to the camera. I do have a much larger backpack but seldom use it because of it's size. I am probably nitpicking on the bags.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow