Is there any high quality telezoom for NEX?

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonous_0
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't lose sight of image stabilization
In reply to Marvin Doering, Sep 22, 2012

Marvin Doering wrote:

In short, there is no long telephoto, zoom or otherwise, that can be used with the NEX series without using a tripod virtually under all circumstances. The A57 is a nice camera by the way. Not too heavy for its type.
--
MRD

Wrong, there are the sigma os lenses which have a great is system integrated. Check this video with the sigma 17-70/2.8 with and without the is system (you hear a click when he turns it on and you see the image stabilized) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNZPbPkIFo . Actually I'm planning to use the la-ea2 with the sigma 18-250 os hsm. And btw, size-wise, the la-ea2+amount lens combo don't add much more bulk than the sel 18-200, plus you get the pdaf autofocus from the adapter. Basically if you choose to use a big zoom bulk is to be expected, native lens or otherwise. If you plan on having a big rage zoom attached on the nex-5/3/n etc all the time, i think you are better off with an SLT series model.

I agree about the A57, played with it at a store and liked it for it's versatillity and quite small size compared to the competition.
--

Zenit 12 / Sigma SA-300 / Sigma SA-5 / Olympus C770UZ / Canon PowerShot A720 IS / Sony NEX-5 / Sony NEX-5N

jonous_0's gear list:jonous_0's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus C-770 UZ Sony SLT-A58
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow