ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Muppsy007
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Dropped EF-S 10-22 USM :-(
Sep 22, 2012

Hi all,

I'm a fair way from my nearest camera store so I'm just going to ask here before carting myself out there.

I have a Canon EF-S 10-22 USM, my favourite lens. Anyway, my whole unit was dropped on a stone floor and the lens broke in two.

It's broken right at the focus ring. Glass appears fine. Zoom and focus seem to work. Mount is fine.

Basically I have one peice which is the mount and top part of the barrel where the AF/MF switch is. Inside this is a green PCB with three orange ribbons sticking out. One of the three ribbons are torn. Also just above the PCB is three small mount points for three screws that are still attached to the other piece.

The other piece is ofcourse the rest of the lens. Here, the only damage appears to be the other half of the torn ribbon found on the bottom piece.

There is also the focus ring, and a thin steel washer (the diameter of the lens). Both fine.

My question is, is damage like this usually repairable? I wouldn't even ask if the lens wasn't worth $1400.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow