Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions. /1

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,726Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix GH3. Looks are important
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Sep 22, 2012

Thanks for your detailed first impressions.

You sound very positively impressed but not enthusiastic. A consequence of the looks?

I have been waiting for the GH3. How the stills quality compares with the OM-D will be seen in due course. However, the GH3 looks as ugly as Sony's FF models. I agree about the hump: it should be more pronounced by lower shoulders (no more overall height of the camera body) or, even better, removed altogether. Rangefinder look might not appeal to every one, but it is better than this hunchback of Notre Dame look of this GH3/Sony A99 monster.

If you compare the Leica M, Fuji X1(E), even Sony NEX and RX100 - they all show elegant, even beautiful tops, a jouy to look at. And it is the top, the photographer sees first and, if habitually using the EVF like I do, most often.

Peter.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AleoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow