ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cambomj
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Evironmental Portraits - 7D and 24mm f1.4 L
Sep 22, 2012

Hi all,

This forum has given me lots of advice about lens choice and I am now looking at another I'm a portrait guy taking photos of my family - sort of see my job as documenting my kids childhood with a little dabble in landscape every now and then.

I currently use a 7D with Canon 24-105 and 70-200mm f2.8 and Sigma 10-20 and 50mm 1.4 and I am happy with all of this. No plans for FF for a long time yet..

The Sigma 50mm is probably my favourite lens and I really love the narrow DoF and low light capability that this lens has. It has really improved my photography but now I want something wider to compliment it and I am leaning to the 24mm L .

So I am asking you for your input and samples of the 7D and the 24mm - can you sell me on this combo for environmental portrait shots? I know I can set my zoom at 24 but I am particularly interested in low light capabilities that the zoom doesn't offer.

Thanks to all,

Mark

cambomj's gear list:cambomj's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +4 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow