ParomaGhosh
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a manual attempt
In reply to benross, Sep 21, 2012

benross wrote:

ParomaGhosh wrote:

benross wrote:

Well, if you step forward, you'll see more of the shore!

I think I already mentioned that I regret not stepping up closer. Tony Brown, benross good attempts. Can u plz tell me what tools u used

That was my suggestion to Tony! I basically did the same thing that Tony did. I masked the foreground. Unlike Tony's, my mask didn't include the shore. That's the only difference.

So when I increased the canvas and moved the masked foreground down, the rest of the image which included the little shore, distanced itself upward. I filled and patched the rest by cloning and healing. Hard work my friend hard work

The way I did it was that I used ReMask 3 to isolate the foreground rock. In a background duplicate layer, I reversed the selection of the foreground and masked the background. I then increased the hight of the canvas and increased the distance between the foreground and the background. I made a lot of copies of each of those three basic layers because for cloning the water and shore in a merged layer, you have more free hand and if you cross the edges, you know that an extra masked layer will cover it. It was all done with Elements 10 and Remask3 plugin.
Ben

Wow that's hard work indeed! Am not sure I am familiar with all the terms u used (am pretty much a novice at photoshop :(). I do have elements 8 but no mask plug-in. Thanks for the info!

ParomaGhosh's gear list:ParomaGhosh's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow