Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oregonyankee
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
Lumix FZ200 made in?
Sep 21, 2012

Based on many of the excellent posts I've seen in this forum, discussing this camera, I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy.

I do have one final question that needs answering before I do so, however. Namely, what country is the FZ200 manufactured in? I've been unable to find the answer to this on the web. Nor do any of the stores I live near carry the camera, thus I can't check in person.

I'm very much hoping the camera is made in Japan. If Panasonic has chosen to outsource this model, I'll need to look for another model and/or brand.

And no, I'm not interested in discussing why anyone feels it makes no difference where something is manufactured. I've heard all of the arguments before. I simply don't want a (near) slave/child's blood on the things I purchase. ........it's bad karma, and I like sleeping with a (somewhat) clear conscience at night.

oregonyankee's gear list:oregonyankee's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow