For K5 owners: does the AA model motivate you to upgrade and why?

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joes Raw Talk
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
For K5 owners: does the AA model motivate you to upgrade and why?
Sep 21, 2012

I became a more recent owner of the K5 and now comes the AA-less IIs model. As I have been considering an additional lens, my math shows that I can sell off the K5 I have and buy the AA model for what I would have spent on another lens.

For those who know and have come to appreciate the strengths of Pentax and the K5, how, if at all, has the new model with no anti-aliasing filter motivated you, one way or the other, to upgrade to it?

For anyone who has looked at and/or read comparisons of cameras with sister models not having an AA filter, could the new AA-less K5 produce more resolution than the K5, and, if yes how much would you guestimate? I have seen K5 resolution measured in Pop Photo at 2600 lines, from Tiff files.

Lastly, how does the latest AA-less Fuji model, decently priced, impact your AA-less camera decision? Yeah, I know the Fuji is a rangerfinder style.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
--
Joe

Joes Raw Talk's gear list:Joes Raw Talk's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +12 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow