Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 12,803Gear list
Like?
Re: UPDATE
In reply to Bruce Hunter, Sep 21, 2012

Bruce Hunter wrote:

Don D.

I still have my Canon S90 ( using it as backup, now )....... I skipped the S95 upgrade but went for the S100. For myself, I found the improvement in low light capability to be significant. Also, the rear wheel problem fixed and now a non-issue ...AND the 24 mm wide has me hooked. Enough so, that I would really , really miss it if I went back to 28 mm, now.

As you had ( have ) the Canon S90, as well, I was especially interested to read
your opinions comparing the camera with the Sony X-100...... I'm sure most of us

are not so brand-fanatic that we are locked into only one brand of camera. I'm glad you joined the conversation.

Thank you Bruce....One thing, you probably know that the RX100 has a dandy pano mode that can easily cover very wide angles. In camera processing produces hi-res panos with little effort....these can easily be cropped...the pano can be either horizontal or vertical; the latter producing more of a wide angle shot than a true (even wider) pano.

Of course the larger RX100 chip has the added benefit of much higher res. and low light capability.
--
Don
http://www.pbase.com/dond

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow