My Nikon D4 AF Issue: Japan doesn't care & never has been a worse flagship user exp

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
surrephoto
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
My Nikon D4 AF Issue: Japan doesn't care & never has been a worse flagship user exp
Sep 21, 2012

Amidst the D800 left-AF point issue, I am one of the silent victims whose D4(s) have been afflicted by this horrible defect.

My D4 was purchased in Malaysia & then checked by singapore, sent to Japan, said to be "within standards" and has since been more or less ignored by asia as a whole.

I have tested several copies of the D4 and all sets I have tried, mainly loaner sets as well as a friend's copy purchased approx july, all have varying degrees of the left-AF points issue.

I am running out of ideas... Malaysia refuses to do an exchange or refund. Singapore has tried their best to help by arranging a courier to Japan to service the set but to no avail. I have offered Malaysia to sell the new D600 (I don't see the AF problems on it) at their best possible price in order to help me recuperate my loss by selling this D4 at a cheaper price but I was ignored. Nikon customer service has been a HORRIBLE experience since May (I purchased the D4 in April).

I kindly gave both malaysia & singapore the chance I forgo-ed the photokina trip, however I was horribly mistakened. Wedding season in singapore is starting and I am in desperate need to visit Japan to voice my distress.

Apparently the D800 AF fix procedure cannot be applied to my D4 as it "does not share the same calibration software" and the "procedure is not the same".

Can dear friends around the globe on dpreview suggest to me what should my next step be? It has been almost 1/2 a year and I am running out of ideas.

If any of you readers would like to contact me in private please e-mail me at surrephoto@gmail.com. I am not a troll and I NEED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

Thank you all and god bless!

Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOL!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow