S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 803
Like?
Re: UPDATE
In reply to gail, Sep 21, 2012

gail

I purchased my Canon S100 in Nov of 2011. I did not get the BB extended warranty. I have only the manufacturer's 1 yr. warranty ( though I used my Am Express card for the purchase , getting another yr warranty thru AMEx )

After the 1st lens error problem, I paid to mail the camera back to Canon's Repair Center , myself...... After that, I read some comments on Dpreview from others with the lens problem who had purchased their cameras at BB also, but had BB return the cameras and pay the shipping . So, I did the same when the 2nd error occurred .

Don D.

I still have my Canon S90 ( using it as backup, now )....... I skipped the S95 upgrade but went for the S100. For myself, I found the improvement in low light capability to be significant. Also, the rear wheel problem fixed and now a non-issue ...AND the 24 mm wide has me hooked. Enough so, that I would really , really miss it if I went back to 28 mm, now.

As you had ( have ) the Canon S90, as well, I was especially interested to read
your opinions comparing the camera with the Sony X-100...... I'm sure most of us

are not so brand-fanatic that we are locked into only one brand of camera. I'm glad you joined the conversation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow